Friday, February 11, 2011

beautiful day!

Happy Friday!
I have been so lucky. I have had 4 day work weeks for the past 4 weeks. Now 2 of those were due to being under the weather. But last week we had a snow day and this week my girls went with their mom to Chicago for the weekend. So I had today off. Love it.
I slept in and picked Andrew up from work and we headed to lunch. I feel like I always talk about Kerby lane, but it really is our favorite restaurant with lots of healthy choices. So we headed there. I had migas tacos-made with egg whites, no cheese and on wheat tortillas with a side of black beans. Probably not the BEST choice, but a way for me to satisfy a craving and not blow my program. Then I dropped him off back at work. I had planned on going to my gym, but today is BEAUTIFUL. It is 58 degrees, sunny and wonderful. So I went to the hike and bike trail. I am still doing my Ease into 10k program. Today I began week 3. Its a 5 minute warm up walk then a 5 minute run followed by a 1 minute walk. You repeat the 5 on 1 off pattern 5 times. So I ran a total of 25 minutes. Doesn't seem like a ton, but it is a good run for me. I felt great to be outside running and in the beautiful sunlight. The running program is an app on my IPhone. You can program music to play while you run. And U2's "Beautiful Day" was one of the first songs on my play list. It was so refreshing to run while listening to that amazing song. Its a beautiful day. Don't let it get away. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment