Sunday, February 20, 2011

what a weekend!

At the symphony with Andrew and his mom, Lynn.
I got a new dress and wanted to show it off!
Hi friends!
I had such a fun weekend! On Friday morning I had NO plans for the weekend and by Friday afternoon, we had a full fun weekend planned! One of my best friends, Priscilla (yes, this is the one who drove into her gym) was in town this weekend so we went to dinner with Pris and Adam on Friday. It was so great to catch up on life. It was so great to talk to Pris about weight loss and the struggle of it. She is also on weight watchers, but just to lose a little. It was awesome talking because whether you want to lose 80 lbs or 15 lbs, its still hard and you still have to work for each success. It was a breath of fresh air to spend time with my dear friend!
On Saturday, we ended going to the Austin Symphony with Andrew's parents. I was really excited for it. I had never been before. We went to dinner before hand and I had grilled shrimp and broccoli- a very good choice for me that was so so good! We had amazing seats and just really loved each moment of the symphony. I really was just so amazed at Gods grace. I have no idea how many of the people in that music hall believed in Him-but the bottom line is, is each person there was washed with beautiful music. I have heard people talk often about "common grace". Common grace is what humanity experiences everyday regardless of their beliefs or faith- laughter, warmth from the sun, romance, creativity, sunsets, good food, restful sleep...all of these things are common to humanity and are Gods common grace to us. As the incredible music washed over me, I was just amazed at who our God is and the small gifts he allows each of us. As I explained this to Andrew, his response was, "I just kept thinking about cartoons." So I guess this is where that spiritual thought ends. Ha ha. But i just wanted to share it with you guys. Where do you experience common grace?
I had a really good weekend with food-which is a huge victory for me considering all the "celebrations" I was attending! I also made a new recipe that I will be sharing this week!
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Last night I really wanted to bake a cake... I was wanting to indulge and it just sounded good even though I wasnt hungry. Dillon said he wasnt going to eat it if I made it so I didn't but I was still craving it all night. This morning when I woke up I was so glad that I hadnt made it (b/c I struggle with portion control and the cake would have been gone after 2 days) and it reminded me that I am always glad when I eat well and likewise, I always regret it when I don't. It's just hard to remember that when faced with the tempation!

    ReplyDelete