Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I am J-hud....i hope.

J-Hud pre weight watchers

J-Hud post weight watchers

Did anyone else see Jennifer Hudson on Oprah last week? Holy cow. She looks incredible. Honestly, I thought she was Naomi Campbell. She has lost 80 lbs on weight watchers and just looks amazing. I was really inspired by her. I watched it while on the treadmill which was hilarious. I kept running so hard because I was so inspired. Anyway, as Jennifer was talking about her journey, she talked about how she had struggled with weight her whole life. She had tried to losing weight her whole life and just couldn't make it happen. She shared that she joined weight watchers but struggled to really commit to the program. After weeks on the program with little success, she had a week where she gained. She was ready to throw in the towel. But her leader just said, "give me a week. Just work the program for a week and see what happens." Jennifer did and lost. So she gave it another week and another and another...and 80 lbs later is my hero.
I was so inspired by her. Honestly, I have not been committed to my program. I have come up with EVERY excuse under the sun...."I never do this!", "It's just one meal." , "It's a celebration.", "I'm so tired", "I had a hard day."....I have not committed. So now, I have decided. Give it a week. Just follow the program, eat my points for a week. See what happens. No excuses, no cheating. Accountability and commitment. So this starts today.
I got up and went for a run, ate a really filling 3 point breakfast and am committed. A day at a time, a meal at a time, a week at a time. I am j-hud. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment