Tuesday, March 15, 2011

obsessed

Hi team!
Hope everyone is having a fantastic tuesday! I sure am! It has been breathtakingly beautiful here in the atx. I have thoroughly enjoyed this weather and the time change. Although it meant losing an hour and that it is dark when I get to work, I love getting home from work at 5:45 and getting to go for a run and the sun is still out. Gah, I LOVE spring. I hate the heat, but love getting to it!

I have been doing ok with eating. I really kind of ate poor last week. I think I was able to kind of see that my disappointment from our rejection letters led me to feel like I had a free pass to eat what I wanted. So I am back on the train and when I weighed in on sunday was up .5. Not proud of it, but also, not the worst damage. I also have to confess that I already broke my lent! :(. It was an accident! I just forgot about it. The manager at our favorite mexican restaurant lovingly brought me a free margarita on the house on friday and I drank it! Oops! About half way through Andrew said, "Didn't you give up alcohol for lent?" and I was like, "Oh my gosh! I did! I just forgot!". It was hysterical and typical. So funny.

We decided since it has been so pretty that we would utilize our grill and grill all of our food for the week. I got some of my faves, portobello mushrooms. I just sprayed them with some Olive Oil pam and them sprinkled them with some garlic salt and pepper. They were amazing. I also grilled asparagus, Squash, zucchini and red bell peppers. Last night for dinner I got one of those sandwich thins (which really is like a bun) and put just a bit of light mayo( maybe a half table spoon) and some dijon mustard on it and then a slice of weight watchers pepper jack cheese and then one of my grilled mushrooms and I grilled it on the skillet. Then i had a side of all my grilled veggies and a serving of sweet potato fries with it...and y'all. I am obsessed. It was amazing and the entire meal was 8 points. I was full and satisfied for sure. I am also really loving Fage greek yogurt. They have the fat free greek yogurt and then you can get it with fruit to mix into it or my fave, Honey. I am obsessed. And it is soo filling. I love the honey and yogurt over a chopped up banana. If you want to really make it a meal, Add in some of your favorite cereal or granola. Lastly, I made a recipe last night that was so good. It was originally supposed to be a banana cranberry bread- but i modified it and made banana raspberry muffins. Here is what I did:
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup splenda sugar mix
3 table spoons canola oil
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup egg beaters
3 bananas
1 cup raspberry's

In a meduim bowl combine flour, baking soda and Cinnamon

In a mixer beat together oil and sugar mixture, after a minute add egg beaters, after a minute add mashed up bananas

turn mixer to stir (the lowest setting) and gradually add flour mixture and raspberries

after thoroughly combined, pour into sprayed muffin tins.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.

5 ww points plus per muffin.

Andrew bell liked these. That says a lot! I hope you have a great week!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE grilled veggies! Wish I had a grill!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tip: another way to make baked goodies even better for you is to substitute apple sauce for the oil in the recipe. I do that with my banana bread and it is A-mazing.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4535777_substitute-applesauce-oil.html

    ReplyDelete