Saturday, March 5, 2011

pizza mia!


Happy Saturday!
It is beautiful here in the ATX and I hope your day is beautiful too! I wanted to share with you what I made today. I like to cook all my food for the week on the weekend so all we have to do is heat it up and eat during the week. I got a Weight Watchers magazine on our travels to Ohio to read on the plane and have saved it because it had quite a few awesome recipes. One of which I made today in about 15 minutes and am going to take for my lunch this week!
I made a spinach artichoke pizza. Is it not BEAUTIFUL!?!
Here is the recipe:
Buy a whole wheat pizza crust. They have them already made and you just heat it up in the oven for 7 minutes and then top it with:
1/2 cup of marinara sauce (i like newmans own)
2 cups of fresh spinach
1 can of artichoke hearts chopped
1 sliced roma tomato
1/4 cup of reduced fat feta
and 2/3 cup of reduced fat mozzarella

put it under the broiler for 3ish minutes and you get this tasty masterpiece. Its 6 slices and each slice is only 3 points!!! What?? I know. I have an awesome lunch ahead of me!

Also, my husband just, "went for a run" and ran 7 miles. What a freak! Who does that? Andrew Bell does. He is amazing.

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment