Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter week! Hooray!

Hi friends!
Well, finally we have made it to Easter week! I have been looking forward to this for so long! I am so excited to go to Lubbock and get some wonderfully needed time with my family! I am also really hoping for time with my sweet niece, Laney-Who yesterday said, "mimi" and "elmo". So funny. So we leave wednesday night after work and are there Thursday-Sunday. I just can't wait!

We had a great weekend! I went to yoga on saturday and am really loving getting back into it. It is such a great way to kick off a weekend. It was also great because while I was there I knew that the memorial service for Jen was happening and I was able to just be quiet and reflect on her and celebrate her in my own way, while also doing downward dog :).

On sunday I went to boot camp again. I still love it so much, but made the mistake of eating lunch at maudies after church. Now, I ate really well- we split chicken fajitas for 2. But I skipped the tortilla and just ate chicken, peppers, salsa, guacamole and black beans. It was so yummy! But, when 3 pm rolled around and I was doing bungee runs on a football field (yes, it is as bad as it sounds)- I was really regretting the mexican food. But, I was able to keep it all down and was really proud to not quit. That was my goal, just don't quit. It was amazing.

I have another funny story for you. My husband, Andrew, is a very picky eater. He does not like ANYTHING weird. Like hummus really freaks him out...Well, recently, I have really been a fan of morning star foods. Morning star is a vegetarian food brand. I love their corn dogs, chicken nuggets, burgers, etc. They are super yummy and really low ww points. Well, I recently purchased their buffalo chicken nuggets and andrew spotted them. He has not caught on that it is vegetarian. So when he asked me to cook some for his dinner last night because he thought they looked good, i went right on ahead and baked them. HE ATE 10!!! He loved them. After he ate them all I asked if he liked them and he said yes. Then I told him it wasn't chicken, but vegetarian. He looked kind of mad and then just congratulated me for making him eat something healthy and said he would eat them again! V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!!

Haha. It was great! I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha Ha! That is awesome that you got your hubs to eat vegetarian chicken wings. I love it!

    ReplyDelete