Wednesday, April 13, 2011

kind of amazing

Well, I realize I have already blogged once today. But I just had a realization that I had to share with you. I was looking at my prayer journal from last week. I try to spend time while my gals sleep in prayer and reading the Bible. Last week, I had just gotten off of the phone with my mom and had gotten an update on Jennifer that she was starting to fade. Now, she was still walking, talking, eating, and all of that. But, her eye was beginning to droop and her balance had gotten bad again. So they knew she was fading. So I was led to pray for her and her family-specifically for her mom, Chris. Now, my prayer journal is VERY private. It really is between Jesus and me. But, I will break my own rule to share with you my prayer from last week. It is amazing to see how the Lord answered this...

" Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus. Lord, I cry out to you to cover the Jones family. Cover them with mercy, Lord, right now. We ask that if you can, please protect Jen from suffering. Protect her from slowly going. Take her quickly, Lord. May it be quick and sweet. Protect Chris's heart. She is just really walking through it. I know she must feel so worn out, so afraid, so alone. Lord, how amazing it is that in each moment of each day, you walk with her. I see a picture of her walking through their house and you behind her, leading her with your hand in the small of her back. I see you in front of her, holding her hand, taking her to sit. I see you singing over her. Sitting with her weeping. You know! You know what it is like to watch your beloved child die. I see you smile as Chris sees Jen do well. When glimpses of Jennifer are visible. Please God, draw so close to her. Pour your spirit into their home. I pray that you breathe your spirit of hope, eternal life, joy, trust, WORSHIP, an their home. May any anger, despair, fear, worry or pride all wash away by your blood. Cover them. I just keep feeling Psalm 23 so so strong on my heart for this family.

Psalm 23- the message

God is my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows., you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. Even when the way goes through deaths valley, I am not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd crook makes me feel safe. You serve me a 6 course dinner right in front of my enemies.. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. Your beauty and love chase after me everyday of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life."

Amen.

I am just amazed to see that my prayers for Jen to go quickly with out suffering were answered! God is so good. Even in death, He is still so so good.

Jen's service is saturday at 10 at westminster in Lubbock. Sadly, I can't go. But I am really excited to get to spend a little time with her family when I'm home for easter next week. Please keep praying for the Jones family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment