Monday, April 4, 2011

hello hello!

Happy monday, everyone!
I hope your weekend was great. I had such a fun weekend. On saturday I slept in and then my friend Morgan and I went to a yoga class. I took a yoga class in college every tuesday/thursday for 3 years and loved it...but have not been quite as much of a yoga lady as of late. And let me tell you...I have missed it and it killed me. Morgan and I tend to laugh at things when they are inappropriate...and well, we laughed really hard during yoga. At one point I was in a pose and had a hold of my foot and just lost the grip and my foot thumped so loudly on the floor causing lots of people to lose balance and fall. Needless to say, Morgan and I could not stop laughing the rest of the class. It was so nice to exercise in a different way. I get SO tired of my routine and its great for me to do new things. I also went to a boot camp on Sunday that my friend , Jay, leads. I have blogged about Jay before...but lets just say his boot camp is not for beginners. I died. Jay is psycho and everyone there was super fit. Luckily, I know Jay, so I felt fine with the fact that I was kind of dying. I nearly threw up. And, I'm going again next week. If you live in Austin and want to come, Its $10.00 per class and is from 3-4 on sundays. It's a circuit class, so you can go your own pace. Trust me, if I made it, you can make it too! Let me know if you want to join! You will love it and feel so strong after!

One thing I also did was make chicken enchiladas! I love to cook a big meal on sunday and then we eat it all week. I was craving chicken enchiladas all week-My boss made some for her girls and they looked so good. So i decided to make a weight watchers friendly version. I looked all over for a recipe and couldn't find one I liked so I made up my own! here is what i did
I bought a rotisserie chicken because I wanted really moist shredded chicken. But I only used the meat from the breast. It was cheaper and saved me time (got a whole chicken for $4.99!)

So I shredded the chicken breast meat and ended up with 3 cups of chicken In a large bowl I mixed:
3 cups of shredded chicken
2 cans of diced green chilies
1 small can of diced jalapenos
1/2 cup of reduced fat shredded mexican blend cheese
a few dashes of taco seasoning
a small dash of cayenne pepper (i like spicy!)
and here is the secret ingredient:
1 cup of non fat greek yogurt (it is a PERFECT sour cream substitute and tastes great for less calories)

mix together.

spray a baking dish with pam and then set aside 10 corn tortillas (I bought the larger ones they have 2 points per tortilla)

Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of chicken filling roll and place seam down in baking dish.

put in the oven at 350 COVERED with foil for 12 minutes

while enchiladas are baking mix sauce:
1/3 cup of light sour cream
1/2 can of diced green chilies
1/4 cup of shredded cheese
dash of taco seasoning
dash of garlic salt

mix together thoroughly in a bowl until runny

take out enchiladas and cover each one with 1 table spoon of sauce.

put back in covered for 10 minutes

take out and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.

Serve with black beans and salsa.

Amazing. Each enchilada is 5 weight watchers points and is really filling. I have plenty if I have 1.5. with 1/2 cup of black beans.

Hope you make it and enjoy it!!!


1 comment:

  1. I REALLY want to go to this boot camp class with you!! I have a stress fracture in my foot right now from running, which really limits what I can do exercise wise. As soon as it heals though, I'm there!!

    ReplyDelete