Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 2, after a rough day 1...

Ok, so yesterday was terrible. And not because of my detox. I am terribly allergic to cedar and Austin is completely COVERED in cedar. So I feel like death. Maybe this detox can help me with my allergies. I literally slept for 11 hours last night because I felt so awful. But the good news is I wasn't starving! I love this detox because it encourages rest. So even though I didn't get up this morning to work out, it's ok. I just have to take care of myself. That is what Im learning, that there are no rigid rules, except to take care of myself. I am planning to take the girls I nanny on a walk today and that should be some good exercise!
Here is my meal plan for today!
Breakfast:Banana and almond butter smoothie (same as yesterday)
Snack:
Grapefruit and almonds (same as yesterday)
Lunch:
1 cup black beans
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 an avocado
a/2 cup of salsa
snack:
2 tbl spoons hummus and fresh veggies
Dinner:
3oz chicken breast
1 sweet potato baked
small salad with light dressing
Dessert:
Apple with 1tblspoon of almond butter

I was REALLY hungry yesterday afternoon and so i drank a ton of water and since I was at work, the only thing i could really snack on that they had here that was part of the detox was fruit. I really ate 3 clementines and a banana. Good thing fruit is 0 points plus points :). I am also really loving hot tea. I have that in the mornings to replace my coffee. It feels great on my sore throat.

Hope your day is great! Remember to rest and take care of you! Even if that means sleeping 11 hours! Oh, and since yesterday morning, I lost .8 lbs. Good start, right!?!

1 comment:

  1. Hi stranger. Saw your FB post and wanted to read your blog to see what you were up to. So proud of you! Keep up the good work. I did a detox a few years back with my church and I have never felt so good in my life. Plus I lost 12 pounds in 21 days! Excited to see where your journey takes you.

    ReplyDelete