Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday funday!

Hi Friends! Ugh, Monday is not my fave. But I'm glad to have this week started so well. I rolled out of bed and shredded with Jillian this morning. I feel like I should be losing tons of weight by the amount of snot I'm getting rid of... too much? Sorry. But the cedar is KILLING ME.
Anyway, I had a great weekend. It was interesting to say the least! Welcome to my life! Never a dull moment. I ended up doing really well food wise and am proud of myself for that. I also went to Weight Watchers yesterday and was down 3lbs from last week! Yay! I hadn't lost any since the last time I weighed in (before Christmas)-So this is a great start. I am feeling great and am just learning to be mindful as I eat! So that's amazing to see my progress in a week.
As far as my detox goes, I am back on from my weekend off. But honestly, I didn't stray too far this weekend, so it's not like I'm starting over. I am doing the same as last week, but have introduced Wheat back into my diet. So I'm still caffeine free, alcohol free, dairy free, and only lean proteins. Here's my meal plan for today:
Breakfast: Banana and 100 Calorie pack of almonds
Snack: Grapefruit
Lunch: 3oz grilled chicken breast
1/2 baked acorn squash (I cut it in half, sprinkled it with cinnamon and nutmeg and baked it for 45 minutes at 375.)
1 cup steamed broccoli
Snack: 1/4 cup hummus and raw veggies
Dinner: 1/4 cup brown rice
1/2 cup black beans
1/2 avocado
1/2 cup salsa
Dessert: Banana and 1tbl spoon almond butter
Pretty excited for this new week.
Before I let you go, I'd love to share what I heard at church last night. Andrew and I have been attending The Austin Stone Community Church. We love it. One of the reasons is it has a 5pm service on Sunday which means we sleep in! hey-o! Anyway, last night, one of their pastors preached on the word of God. As he preached, he mostly spoke from Psalm 119. One of the things he said that really made me pause was, " You are what you behold." He asked us what it is that captures our attention...food, work, alcohol, money, exercise, Jesus? I wondered what it is I behold. I think food is something I tend to let capture my affections. I also allow myself to be beheld by media...specifically Bravo....specifically the Real Housewives. Now I'm not saying don't watch TV or enjoy food. I just was struck by the thought you are what you behold. I am praying today to behold Jesus. To behold the depths of His perfect love. May we behold the Lord and allow Him to draw us into His perfect love!

No comments:

Post a Comment