Wednesday, January 26, 2011

down for the count...again.

Hello friends!
Well, again, I am home from work today. It is the worst feeling when you miss work and you know that by missing you are putting someone else out. Worst feeling. But, here is why I missed...On Saturday I went for run and felt OK, but noticed my back was sore. Then on Sunday, Andrew and I went for walk and after I noticed my back really hurt. I took aleve and put heat on it and on Monday it felt better. Well, after carrying around 2 17 month olds, my back was sore again so I rested it Monday night and yesterday at work, it was hurting so badly, I couldn't hold either girl. I also could barely walk. As a nanny, you need to be able to do both of those things...
So I called the Dr. and got in at 3 yesterday and left work early. He told me it looked like I tore muscles in my lower back and it was spasming and inflamed and putting pressure on my sciatic nerve, and causing pretty bad pain. He gave muscle relaxers and vicodin. Most people would be really glad with that prescription. Not me. In high school I broke my collar bone and was given vicodin and it made me SO sick. But my Dr convinced me that I would be fine and to take it with food. False. Not fine. Throwing up all night and heart racing and shaking. Not fine. So I am home today with a stomach ache and with a really hurt back. Boo.
I also am so sad because the Dr. told me to not exercise for up to 10 days. I am going to try to swim maybe, but I don't know. I'll let you know!
Sorry I am Debbie downer right now. But reality is, I will get better, this isn't forever. So I don't need to be so sad.
I am going to run over to a coffee shop in a bit to work on a few things, so being out and about will help me feel better too. Hopefully next time you hear from me, I will be on the mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment