Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 5- TGIF!

Can I get an "Amen" for it being Friday!?!
I am so so happy for the weekend. I feel like this week has been the hardest back to work week of my life since I have had such terrible allergies! I am slowly feeling better, though!

So one of my favorite things about having my blog is my precious mom calling and emailing me about my typo's! I need to make a disclaimer that I am dyslexic and a horrible speller. I am no grammatical genius, either. I write just how I talk. I feel if we all have this understanding you will be gracious with me :). I will however, continue to have my mom check and get back to me when I misspell things. Apparently there is a "p" is raspberry? Who knew? And garbanzo has been spelled wrong for days now.... My bad, friends! :)

I am so excited for day 5 of my little detox. This morning I rewarded my self with a trip to starbucks before work. I missed my friends there. And I had to stop my fave barista from making my usual drink and request a caffeine free tea. She recommended a tea called Vanilla Rooibos. It might be the most delish tea I've had all week. I highly recommend it!
I have to admit I am nervous about this weekend. I am nervous I will fall off the wagon! But Andrew and I have a game plan and as long as I stick to that, I should be good. Something I decided to do when i started this journey is allow myself 24 hours off of my detox each week. So during that 24 hours, I can have coffee. dairy, a glass of wine and bready products. I am not allowed any time off of my weight watchers program, but I can have a weekend and enjoy it. So my 24 hours will most likely begin tonight at dinner through tomorrow night at dinner. I feel like I need to do this to not deprive my self. I know from past if I do that, I will end up bingeing. So this is to prevent that! yay! Here is my menu for today!
breakfast:
banana and large tea (I was not very hungry, so I skipped the smoothie)
Snack: Grapefruit and 100 calorie pack of almonds
Lunch: 3oz of grilled chicken breast
1 sweet potato
1 cup of steamed broccoli
Snack: 1/4 cup of hummus and veggies
Dinner: (We will probably go to dinner at Cheddars, so here is what i will get)
1 glass of red wine
lunch portion of grilled salmon
side of green beans and steamed broccoli

dessert:
1/2 cup of dryers slow churned coffee ice cream and 2 dark chocolate Hershey kisses

That sounds like a yummy and healthy day!

I bought a new work out DVD yesterday. I am obsessed with biggest loser and love jillian and bob. So I got her dvd, "Jillian's 30 day shred". Its awesome because it's full body and is only 20 minutes per workout!!! Which is wonderful! It was $9.00 at Target, so I fully encourage you to purchase it and join me! You will need hand weights-i use 5lbs. Which is wimpy, but all I can handle!
Have a safe and healthy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Whitney! I love reading your blog and I love that you write just the way you talk. When I read it, in my head it sounds like you saying it so it is like we are having a conversation. I love it.

    P.S. If you type your blog using Firefox as your internet browser, it will automatically undeline all of your typos. :)

    XOXOX,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete