Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 3-JOY!

Happy Wednesday!
I had a rough monday and a pretty rough tuesday. Mostly terrible headaches-I think a mixture of no caffeine and a terribly clogged sinus. But I am feeling way better today. Anyway, I have been amazed at how little I have craved and how full I have been. I think keeping busy has been good too. I have realized a couple of things already...
-I am a creature of habit and routine. I have things I do each day that I love. Those things have turned into habits. So I like to have coffee each morning. Preferably coffee in the form of a $4.00 latte from starbucks. This week i have missed that-but have started a new routine which has allowed for more sleep time and saved money :). I make a smoothie at home, drink it in the car and then when i get to work, put on hot water and have hot tea there.
Another one of my habits is I love when I get home from work to pour a glass of wine and watch the news. But, since I am not drinking alcohol this week, i have missed that too. I have come home and poured water in a wine glass and then dressed it up with a squeeze of lemon and lime. Not wine, but its about replacing the routine-modifying it, not erasing it.
The other routine I have missed is my afternoon diet coke. I LOVE to go to sonic happy hour and get a route 44 cherry lime diet coke. After my detox, i will return to doing this-but not a route 44 and not everyday! But for now, I have either gone to sonic and gotten a route 44 water with lemon and lime or gone to starbucks and gotten a venti refresh tea. These have both been good options for me. I'm learning to modify modify modify :)
My dinner last night was killer good. I mean, delish. So i highly recommend it. It was simple, but so good.Im having it again tonight! Here is my menu today:
Breakfast:
Banana and Almond butter smoothie (same as yesterday-really like it a lot!)
Snack: Veggies and hummus
Lunch: balsamic portobello mushroom (i baked it in the oven for 40 minutes at 350 drizzled with olive oil and doused in balsamic vinegar).
1 cup garbanzo beans
1 cup fresh spinach
8 kalamata olives
Snack: grapefruit and 100 calorie pack almonds
Dinner: 3oz chicken breast
sweet potato baked
side salad
Dessert: Banana heated up and sliced with 1 tbl spoon of almond butter

Hope your day is full of wholeness and health. And, when i weighed this morning i was down 3.8 from from monday morning. I realize so much of this is water weight, but it is encouraging non the less!

No comments:

Post a Comment